I often work with commercial organisations, charities, advertising agencies and PR companies, helping them use relationship psychology to maximise product campaigns effectively and ethically.
I help by: designing and analysing psychological surveys; researching and writing reports; giving presentations and addressing conferences; serving on advisory boards; doing ‘radio and tv days’.
I am also currently the Ambassador for Relate Cambridge, supporting their work through media activity throughout the East of England.
I’m a Professional Associate of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists, an Associate member of the Royal Society of Medicine and a Patron of the Outsiders charity. I’ve won a number of awards for my work and have also been named as one of the Family Planning Association‘s 21st Century Achievers.
My past highlights include:
– being awarded the title of UK Dating Expert of the Year at the UK Dating Awards.
– spending two years co-presenting Sex in the City, a weekly two-hour advice phone-in on LBC radio, the most-listened-to programme in Britain in that time slot.
– advising the Enduring Love? project at the Open University on maximising their public engagement strategy.
– being shortlisted for the Family Planning Association’s annual Award for journalistic excellence; I have over the years also served as a judge for several FPA awards.
– being part of PR teams which won PR Week Award for Campaign of the Year and the PR Week Award for Ethical Health Care.
Caroline Hayter, founder of Acacia Avenue, London: We asked Susan to be involved in our event, as a provocateur from a completely different world. As a marketing company, we’re continually interested in why people connect with the brands they do. Susan gave us a broader perspective on why humans connect – she spoke with the perfect blend of theory and humour, and had the audience riveted.
Gary Rees, UK Professional Relations Manager, Boehringer Ingelheim: We have been fortunate to have had Susan participating in many National Advisory Boards for us over the past few years. Her level of knowledge and life experience shines through, and her insightful and thoughtful comments have added quality and substance to a high class expert panel of health care professionals. Respected professionally by her peers and admired by those of us lucky enough to have worked with her, her contribution is always greatly valued.
Lucy L, Account Executive, Markettiers: Susan is an excellent campaign spokesperson… has a quick grasp of what is needed… will always ensure that client key messages are incorporated into her responses.
Rebecca Findlay, Press and Campaigns Manager, FPA: I’ve worked with Susan on a cacophony of initiatives. The projects may have changed, but Susan’s passionate knowledge about the subject, enthusiasm for what she’s working on, and warmth towards the people she’s working with never changes.
Want to reach me direct? Email me or ring on +44 (0)1223 329966.