Writing is how I launched my career and I still love it. I am the author of 22 books published in 33 countries and 24 languages, have over the years written many advice columns for national magazines, and regularly contribute articles about relationships to a variety of print and online media, .
– Since 2018 I have been contributing weekly to the advice column in Woman magazine.
– My most recent book is How to Choose a Partner, developed from the course I co-wrote for the global self-development organisation The School of Life.
– My backlist highlights include: Stop Arguing, Start Talking, a book written with couples counselling organisation Relate, and the best-selling title on the Relate list; Staying Together, written with Relate and described by The Times as “the only relationship book you’ll ever need”; The New Joy of Sex, an updated, expanded and newly illustrated version of the classic Alex Comfort book; Positive Thinking, published in 16 countries and 14 languages
– In 2005 my work was shortlisted for the Family Planning Association’s annual Award for journalistic excellence. Since then I have also judged the Award, and in addition have been a regular judge for the FPA’s Sexual Health Awards.
– In the past I have had regular columns for Fabulous magazine, Good Housekeeping, Top Sante, FHM, and the Daily Mail and have over the years contributed to every British and many worldwide newspaper. For twelve years I also wrote a regular Consumer Correspondent column for the Journal of Family Planning and Reproductive Health Care.
HP, wife and mother: Eleven years ago I kept an article you wrote… I often read it when we are at a low ebb and we have now just celebrated our 25th anniversary.
ET, couples counsellor: I browsed through your book (Joy of Sex) last night and know already that it is going to be by my side at all times.
CM, via email: Your writing is so useful in explaining everything one needs to know about relationships… after reading (your book) my husband and I now feel we can’t get enough of each other.
Want to reach me direct? Email me or ring on +44 (0)1223 329966.
Want to see a video clip (of my talking about my coaching work)?